TCS will be holding a meeting on Thursday night February 23rd at 6:30 P.M. in order to discuss the College Credit Plus Program. The purpose of the program is to provide students in grades 7-12 the opportunity of taking college courses for college and high school credit. Although the program is technically open to those in 7th and 8th grades, over ninety-nine percent of students participating in the College Credit Plus program in Ohio have been high school students. The program provides an opportunity for students to build up college credit while they are in high school and save money down the road by reducing the number of classes they must pay for once they enter college.
There are several deadlines that students and families must meet in order to participate in the College Credit Plus Program:
- Complete school counseling requirement by March 31st. This can be satisfied at meeting.
- Submit letter of intent to the Ohio Department of Education by April 1st. You can submit your form to the high school office, and we will email all letters of intent to the Department of Education. If you send it directly to the Department of Education, please provide us a copy for our records.
- Sign up for a SAFE account with the Ohio Department of Education by April 13th. (Those who participated in the program last year would already have a SAFE account.)
- Apply and be accepted by a participating college/university if you have not already done so. You must be accepted before you can apply for funding from the state.
- Apply for funding from the Ohio Department of Education by April 13th through your SAFE account.
It is important for students who are interested in the College Credit Plus program to attend the meeting, along with at least one parent, in order to gather important information about the program. The state of Ohio must receive students’ intent to participate by April 1st and their application for funding by April 13th. This meeting will provide guidance and assistance as to how to complete the process and meet those deadlines.
We will see you on Thursday night Feb. 22nd at 6:30 P.M. in the high school lunch room.
Interim Superintendent/H.S. Principal
Temple Christian School