Hello TCS families. Christmas is a wonderful time of year. Luke 2:8-11 says, “And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord”. Enjoy the Christmas season with your family. Here are a few news items that we wanted to share with you. Have a great weekend!
High School Christmas Concert
The TCS holiday performances will culminate with the TCS High School/Middle School Christmas Concert at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, Dec. 18th, in the Lima Baptist Temple auditorium, featuring all band students in grades 5-12 and all choir students in grades 6-12.
Elementary Christmas Chapel
TCS seniors led the elementary in praise and worship and Christmas music. They also presented a short play about the real reason we celebrate this season; Jesus Christ! The elementary enjoyed having our special guests and wish the seniors a blessed year.
Lima Manor Christmas Visit
The 7th and 8th grade Bible classes enjoyed giving Christmas cheer to the residents of Lima Manor this morning during Bible class. They sang Christmas carols and passed out cards. The residents really enjoyed our students coming over to spend some time with them.
National Honor Society
TCS National Honor Society students were able to ring bells for the Salvation Army at Walmart on Monday. It was good to see our young people out serving the Lord in our community.
Elks Hoop Shoot Contest
Three TCS students participated in the annual Elks Hoop Shoot contest on Saturday, Dec. 8, at the Bradfield Community Center. Each student was given the opportunity to shoot 25 free throws. They were competing against students from other Lima area schools. Three TCS students were able to attend the contest on Saturday. Eighth grader Landon Callahan placed fourth in the boys 12-13 category. Sixth grader Curtis Pollard placed second in the boys 10-11 category. Sixth grader Brianna Smith placed third in the girls 12-13 category. Congratulations to all three for a job well done!
Staff Christmas Luncheon
The TCS staff enjoyed a nice Christmas luncheon today, Friday December 14th, thanks to our teacher appreciation committee comprised of several TCS parents. Staff enjoyed a great meal along with some special gifts. Thanks to the committee for putting together this special luncheon.
Boys Varsity Home Game over Christmas Break
The Varsity/J.V. boys basketball team will be playing its next home game on Saturday Dec. 22nd vs. New Knoxville at 6:00 P.M. We would invite you to come out and enjoy the game, good food, and fun times with friends and family!
- Sat. Dec. 15 Varsity Bowling vs. Elida at 20th Century Lanes @ 3:30 P.M.
- Sat. Dec. 15 Varsity/JV Boys Basketball at Cory Rawson @ 6:00 P.M.
- Mon. Dec. 17 J.H. Boys/Girls Basketball at Waynesfield @ 5:00 P.M.
- Thurs. Dec. 20 J.H. Girls at Ohio Eagles (Harrod) @ 5:00 P.M.
- Fri. Dec. 21 Varsity/J.V. Boys Basketball at Waynesfield @ 6:00 P.M.
- Sat. Dec. 22 Varsity/J.V. Boys Basketball at HOME vs. New Knoxville @ 6:00 P.M.
- Fri. Dec. 28 Varsity Bowling at Bellefontaine (TP Lanes) at 10:00 A.M.
- Fri. Dec. 28 Varsity/J.V. Boys Basketball at Ft. Jennings @ 6:00 P.M.
- Dec. 18 MS/HS Christmas Music Concert 7:00 P.M. (LBT auditorium)
- Dec. 19 Witness Wear Day
- Dec. 20 Early Dismissal 1:00 Christmas Break Begins!
- Jan. 3 School Resumes
Lunch Menu for the Week of December 17
- Monday Grilled cheese, Frosted sugar cookie, Yogurt cup
- Tuesday Pizza $1.00/Slice
- Wednesday Breakfast Sandwich, Hash brown, Fruit
- Thursday Class Christmas Parties
- Friday No School