Hello TCS families. It is hard to believe that we have reached the end of the first quarter already. Here are a few news items that we wanted to share with you. Have a great weekend.
Forty-nine high school students are attending MakerFest at the Civic Center today. Students are getting the opportunity to participate in one of 16 STEM competitions, meet and talk with over 75 area employers and 5 colleges and universities, and attend one of 17 career breakout sessions. We look forward to hearing about all they learn today and sharing it in next week’s newsletter.
Veterans’ Day Program:
Please join us for our Veteran’s Day Program on Friday, November 10th at 2:00 P.M. in the LBT auditorium. We look forward to honoring our Veterans. We appreciate their service to our country.
5th Grade Science Experiment:
As our 5th grade class studies cultures around the world, primary and secondary sources, and artifacts, we did an archaeological dig for “treasure”! Each pair of students found 4 artifacts in their dirt sample, and after brushing the soil away, sketched their discoveries in the correct quadrant. What fun!
The TCS Fall Spring Band/Choir Concert for grades 5-12 will take place on Monday, Oct. 23rd at 7:00 P.M. in the LBT auditorium.
The date for school picture re-takes is Wednesday Nov. 8th. Picture order forms are available in both offices.
Boys’ Soccer Team Advances in Tournament:
Congratulations to Coach McPheron and the varsity boys’ soccer team for their 4-0 win against Allen East on Tuesday night in the first round of the tournament. The team will now play at Ottoville on Saturday at 5:00 P.M. Tickets at the gate will be $6 for adults and $4 for students. GO PIONEERS!
Athletic Sponsorship Opportunities:
The TCS Athletic department has a couple of opportunities to show your support for the teams this coming winter:
- The 2017-2018 Basketball Game Day Program is a 20 page full color program filled with great information. There are opportunities for businesses to place ads in the program for prices ranging from $50 – $150. If you or your business would like more information to join the many other local businesses in supporting TCS, please contact Mr. McPheron in the athletic department today!
- Each winter, TCS utilizes the Basketball Patron program as a way to raise money through its alumni, family, and friends who desire to help the basketball programs through specified giving. The Patron Program uses gifts in $30 increments to supplement the many needs of the programs. Patron’s names are displayed in the winter program as well as receiving two complimentary tickets to any home game & a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the booster store. If you are interested in being a basketball patron this season, contact Athletic Director BJ McPheron (email@example.com).
Student Sign ups for Winter Sports:
Registration for Winter Sports in coming to an end soon for TCS students in grades 3-12. Please see the deadlines and information below for each sports/level:
- 3rd – 6th Grade Youth Basketball Registration is ONLINE ONLY and closes on Friday October 27th.
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls and Boys Basketball registration is by Hard copy only. Forms have been emailed and are available by hard copy in the MS/HS office. The deadline is Monday October 23rd.
- High School Bowling (Girls and Boys) registration is by hard copy only. Forms have been emailed and are available by hard copy in the MS/HS office. The deadline is Monday October 23rd.
- High School Girls Basketball registration is by hard copy only. Forms have been been emailed and are available by hard copy in MS/HS office. The deadline is Monday October 23rd.
- High School Boys Basketball information has been emailed out to all boys who have expressed interest in playing. Please email Coach Bowman if you are interested and have not received any information.
Little Pioneer Learning School – Positions Available:
The Little Pioneer Early Learning School is looking for two dynamic individuals to join our team. We are looking to hire a part-time teaching assistant and a reliable and flexible sub. Both positions provide assistance throughout the daycare and preschool program. Applicants should be willing to work with all age groups, including Infants through Pre-K, and the School Age Program. Both positions are part-time and year round. Qualifications include the following: high school diploma, one year experience (preferred), and Monday through Friday availability during the hours of the program. (6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a jar full of Box Tops at home? Now is the time to send them to school! We get 10 cents for every Box Top submitted. Our goal this year is $1000. We are almost halfway there already! Keep those Box Tops coming! Last year we were able to purchase new recess equipment with the money earned through this program.
TCS Spirit Store:
The spirit store is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:45 – 3:30 P.M. The store is located in the junior high hallway in the back building. The spirit store is currently offering select items for 75% OFF!! In addition, this is a great time to do some shopping and ordering for Christmas. Layaway options are available for 50% down.
Next Week’s HS Sports Events:
Oct. 21 Varsity Soccer at Ottoville @ 5:00 P.M. (Sectional Tournament)
Oct. 20 – End of 1st Quarter
Oct. 23 – Fall Band/Choir Concert for Grades 5-12
Oct. 27 – First Quarter Grade Cards Sent Home
Nov. 1 – Witness Wear Day
Nov. 8 – School Picture Re-Takes
Nov. 10 – Veteran’s Day Program 2:00 P.M.
Lunch Menu for the Week of October 23
Monday Beef Nachos, Carrot and Celery Sticks w/Ranch, Cookie
Tuesday Pizza $1.00/Slice
Wednesday Chicken Patty Sandwich, Yogurt Parfait w/Fruit
Thursday French Toast Sticks, Sausage, Fruit
Friday Pizza $1.00/Slice