The final approval or disapproval of a child to be admitted to Temple Christian School is governed by the school’s Board of Education. The administrator at the school screens each student prior to final acceptance.
- The natural parents or legal guardians must subscribe to the Statement of Faith and rules governing dress code and discipline procedures.
- Though we desire for each student to have the opportunity to receive a Christian education, we are unable to admit students who fall into any of the following categories:
- Has emotional or disciplinary problems
- Has a juvenile court record
- Has an indicated I.Q. below accepted average (90). The judgment of the administrator will be final on decisions concerning I.Q. acceptance.
- Has a physical handicap which would impair the learning process
- Failed the most recent grade level prior to application
- Shows low academic performance as indicated by their transcript from the previous school
- Is married or has been married
- Has given birth to or fathered a child
- Children applying for first grade must be six years old on or before August 1
- Children applying for admission to Kindergarten must be five years old on or before August 1
- Children applying for admission to K4 must be 4 years old on or before August 1
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Temple Christian School (TCS) admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. TCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and other school-administered programs. TCS reserves the right to deny admission to a student if his or her ability in behavior or emotional development indicates that he or she could not be best served by our school program. TCS reserves the right to deny students who Temple cannot serve in our academic setting. Testing for readiness for the student’s entrance is required before acceptance. TCS reserves the right to deny admission to any family/student whose beliefs and lifestyle are not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of the school.
TCS is a faith-based institution providing an education in a distinct Christian environment, and it believes that its Biblical role is to work in conjunction with the home and church to mold students to be Christ-like. On those occasions in which the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home or by a particular student is counter to or in opposition to the Biblical lifestyle the school teaches, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student. This includes, but is not limited to, being convicted of a felony, living together without being married, condoning or supporting sexual immorality, practicing a homosexual lifestyle or alternative gender identity or espousing beliefs that promote such practices, or otherwise having the inability to support the moral principles of the school.
(Gen. 1:27-28; 2:15-24; Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Matt. 19:4-6; Rom 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 7:14)