I would like to provide some information on our plan to start the 2020-21 school year. Our goal is to return to school as “normal” as we can with appropriate health and safety guidelines and procedures in place to protect staff and students the best we can. Last Thursday, Governor DeWine provided us with some direction for moving forward. I have been meeting with our leadership team to plan for the year. While many discussions have been held, our plan is not yet complete. We will continue to meet as a leadership team to finalize details in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience as we work through the challenges of this unprecedented time.
Here is some important information that we can share with you at this time.
- We plan to start the school year with in-person instruction 5 days a week.
- Students will not be required to wear masks. This is a family decision.
- Staff will be required to wear face masks or face shields when they are in direct contact with students.
- We plan to practice social distancing the best we can.
- We will promote handwashing and use of hand sanitizer
- We plan to take student temperatures as they arrive at school.
- We are developing a plan to be more rigorous in our cleaning and disinfecting of classrooms and common spaces.
- We plan to follow OHSAA guidelines for sports.
We will communicate more information as it becomes available. Please contact me in the school office if you have any questions. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Temple Christian School